[mythtv-users] What flavor of Linux are you using?

Carl-Magnus Björkell carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
Sun Nov 22 15:39:40 UTC 2009

On 11/20/2009 01:56 AM, Larry Finger wrote:
> On 11/19/2009 05:48 PM, Andy Hohenner wrote:
>
>> What flavor of Linux is everyone running?
>
> I'm using openSUSE 11.1 with their 0.21 mythtv package.

I've also used openSUSE for quite some time, I ran 10.3 with myth
0.21-fixes for quite some time, and now I just yesterday installed 0.22
ontop of openSUSE 11.2.

A word of warning though: Event though I love openSUSE as a distro, it
is pretty clear (at least to me) that the mythtv package administrator
for openSUSE doesn't use mythtv him(/her??)self. This because sometimes
the packages are broken, and it can take many days before they are fixed
again. At least with 0.21-fixes, the case was that you really needed to
lay off the updating if you actually found a package version that worked
for you :)

That being said, I do believe openSUSE to be very well suited for mythtv.

-Calle
                ( O  O )
   |     Carl-Magnus Björkell    |
   |    http://www.nrgizer.com   |