[mythtv-users] What flavor of Linux are you using?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 16:18:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:09, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not going to participate in any more distro wars here.   People
> came in bashing John about Gentoo compile times and then got all
> defensive when we explained why we happen to prefer it.  There's no
> need for that.

Oops, I hope I wasn't part of the bashing. I really didn't intend to
bash his choice in any way.

I ran a source-based distro for a short time a few years back, and it
was fun... except that it was buggy and the maintainers didn't seem
interested in taking my patches, which meant I kept having to patch
and re-patch the same packages. That, and I was compiling on a
single-core Athlon 1.33 GHz, so it really did take a while.

aaron