[mythtv-users] VDPAU and 9500GT

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Nov 22 18:35:57 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Woods" <greg at gregandeva.net>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 7:27 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] VDPAU and 9500GT

My understanding is that the 9500GT should be powerful enough to run the
Advanced deinterlacers with VDPAU, but that isn't what I observe. If I
try to use the "VDPAU High Quality" or "VDPAU normal" playback profiles,
I get very jerky playback. "VDPAU slim" (Bob deinterlacer) produces
clean playback. Am I mistaken about the power of this card, or is there
some way I can debug why it's not doing what it supposedly can do?

I am using version 185.18.36 of the Nvidia driver on Fedora 10 x86_64,
if that matters.