[mythtv-users] OT: Nokia N900

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 18:41:52 UTC 2009

I agree mythmusic on the n800 is great and I use it already via upnp.
However transcoding of videos would have a much more limited appeal due to
the need to be sight of your wifi netowrk, so most people would use the tv.

Mythtomer isn't friendly to use your head goes back and forth between the
tablet screen and the main tv screen to confirm the action has occurred and
to confirm the location before sending the next command.... why!!!! The
tablet *could* show the menus and the epg and then send the final
destination/axtion command once the tablet user has decided what to do. This
plays tot the strentgh of the device. It is not a physical remote control
with physical buttons you can feel your way around...

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton

On 22 Nov 2009 04:51, "Eric Sharkey" <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Richard Morton

<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Changing it to be a control interface would appeal to many more users (I >
would think)
Not to me.  I already have a remote and don't feel any need to use my
cell phone as one.

On the other hand, a mobile frontend has real appeal.  Especially if
there was an "offline" mode where you could pre-cache some content and
run without a connection to the backend.  But even without that,
having access to MythMusic while doing chores around the house would
be really nice.

Eric