[mythtv-users] VDPAU and 9500GT

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Sun Nov 22 23:03:21 UTC 2009

>My understanding is that the 9500GT should be powerful enough to run the
>Advanced deinterlacers with VDPAU, but that isn't what I observe. If I
>try to use the "VDPAU High Quality" or "VDPAU normal" playback profiles,
>I get very jerky playback. "VDPAU slim" (Bob deinterlacer) produces
>clean playback. Am I mistaken about the power of this card, or is there
>some way I can debug why it's not doing what it supposedly can do?
>
>I am using version 185.18.36 of the Nvidia driver on Fedora 10 x86_64,
>if that matters.
>
>--Greg

I have a 9500GT w/512MB on Fedora 10 32-bit and mythtv 0.22-fixes.  I am
currently using NVidia driver version 190.42 and video playback is very
smooth.  Video playback has been quite smooth on my system for quite some
time, but I have been keeping current on the NVidia driver versions as they
have been released.

I would concur with the recommendation that you try 190.42.

-Derek