[mythtv-users] Installing MythTV

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Mon Nov 23 06:00:10 UTC 2009

----- "LuKreme" <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
> [...]

First time through was a puzzle for me, too.

I don't have a HDHR, so I can only provide some guesses.

Under Video Sources, have you entered your full and correct account information? Have you tried to select the particular lineup you wish to use? I recall that there's a download when you enter the Video Sources screen. Maybe the data is there already.

Linked the tuner to the video source under Input Connections? There's a channel scan menu in there, too.

Now, in Linux after mythtvsetup exits you can see in the originating console window all sorts of text produced during the session. Sometimes there are valuable clues in there. I don't know if that's an option in the Mac, but perhaps there's a log created instead.