[mythtv-users] Multytenne Dish and MythTV 0.22

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Mon Nov 23 12:55:32 UTC 2009

Mark schreef op 22-11-2009 21:49:
> Jos Hoekstra wrote:
>>
>> Ehm, do you have experience using a multytenne dish?
>> For the guidedata you could use the enclosed EIT-data of the streams.
>> I use that for DVB-T now and it pretty much just works....
> Ok, I went and googled this.  I saw 'FTA' and assumed you were rolling
> your own.  Is there a special service you can use with this dish setup?
> I wasn't able to find much info actually.  Most of the FTA stuff here in
> the USA uses dishes you setup with boxes per satellite or with diseqc
> switches with multi dishes/lnbs or a hyperbolic dish setup.  EIT data is
> a little tougher to get on US satellite feeds.  My apologies for assuming.

No worries :)
Should've put the country(which is NL) in there as well ;)
In NL you got the possibility to use several FTA-channels like BBC
regional(for NL) and a lot of German public channels.
These channels however are scattered across a couple of satellites,
Astra 1,2,3 and Hotbird. A Mutytenne dish promises to be able to receive
those with a relative small dish, but I've heard that there might be
troubles with it under Linux.

That's why I'm looking for experiences of people who use this dish with
mythtv.

Regards,

Jos Hoekstra