[mythtv-users] Implementing HD-PVR IR Blaster (more)

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 23 14:17:08 UTC 2009

On Nov 22, 2009, at 10:38 AM, David Engel wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:29:01AM -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> Not to mention the bits to use imon devices in pure input (no lirc
>> required) mode...
>
> I use imon lirc on my main frontend.  Please tell me more.

The lirc_imon driver in my git tree can drive an imon device that does onboard decoding (0x15c2:0xffdc and 0x15c2:0x0034-0046 devices) as a pure input layer device, with all keys mapped to input subsystem keys, as defined in include/linux/input.h in the linux kernel source. So you hit the volume keys, and instead of being handled by lirc, you see a KEY_VOLUMEUP, KEY_VOLUMEDOWN or KEY_MUTE event arrive in the system -- just like these were keys on a multimedia keyboard or laptop keyboard.

Note however that this does not mean you can't use lirc anymore, if that's still preferred. You can either pass a modparam to the driver to run as it always has, or you can use the devinput userspace lirc driver.

I need to get back to some input layer key capture stuff within MythTV itself to make it more feasible to use the remote with MythTV in pure input mode w/o lirc involved at all, but we're not quite there yet...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com