[mythtv-users] General purpose frontend for 300 bucks?

Jason Weida jason.m.weida at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 14:22:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856173001&cm_re=
> general
> GPU
> any
> be
> >

> > Actually should have said, I saw a thread recently which indicated
> > that hardware accel for flash for Linux was not available yet.
>

> thread is here http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/408509

Gaaaa.  This is a deal breaker.  Maybe I will have to dual boot :-(.

I was thinking the dual core would reduce boot time since I like to turn off
my frontend when not in use.  I also figured the dual core would help in the
case of general web browsing, etc.  I don't mind a quiet fan if it means a
little more responsive UI.  But no Flash playback is a tough one to work
around.  When I saw the 10.1 announcement, I figured it would not be perfect
off the bat, but I figured there was a good chance it would get pretty
stable w/in a couple months.  This makes it seem like GPU accel Flash on
Linux is on the cutting room floor for good.