[mythtv-users] USB Flash Memory for boot/system. What is fast enough?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:15:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> my fstab has a swap entry onto the USB drive:
> # swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
> UUID=0782c3c7-23a6-4149-89fc-696673f55b83 none            swap
> sw,noatime              0       0
>
> if this is not the done thing, what should it look like; what device/what fs?

Try commenting out that line entirely (disabling swap).  You can
temporarily disable swapping by running "swapoff -a".  I have never
had swapping enabled on my ION frontends.  It even seems to work fine
with only 1GB RAM installed (though I normally run with 2GB).

Jim