[mythtv-users] Performance of frontend on OSX?

Brian Edmonds brian at gweep.ca
Mon Nov 23 18:54:17 UTC 2009

We used to use a powerpc mini as a frontend. It could play SD or anything
we'd transcoded down to 480, but it couldn't handle live or recorded HD. We
eventually ditched it and moved to an intel based box that could handle live
HD.

Brian.

On Nov 21, 2009 9:11 AM, "Craig Treleaven" <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

>Hi, >I'm trying to persuade my old Mac Mini, G4 1.25Ghz with 1Gb ram and
>OSX 10.4.11 to run a Myth...
A G4 mini should be able to playback standard definition TV recordings, but
you'll need a newer machine for high def.

Craig