[mythtv-users] MythCloud/Grid

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 22:56:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Monday 23 November 2009 15:50:41 Thomas Lloyd wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > After the latest very thought invoking talk at Birmingham University on
> > cloud computing my mind got working on uses of cloud computing. I lack a
> > spare server room full of unused computing hardware in my flat so I
> > thought about how I could have a play with a cloud. I came across the
> > eucalyptus project that now brings private clouds to ubuntu 9.04+. For
> > those curious about having a play with a cloud then you can get a free
> > trial here, at no cost:
> >
> >   http://open.eucalyptus.com/wiki/EucalyptusPublicCloud
>
> The six-hour limit makes it far less useful IMHO, but I can certainly
> understand that they have limited resources.
>
> Actually, using something like the Amazon EC2 is quite cheap, as long as
> you
> don't use it too much. I think my last invoice from AWS was about 8 cents.
>

> --
> Brian Wood
> beww at beww.org

I remember a discussion on this list that occured around a year ago, the
subject was something like "a clustered pvr just rocks". It went into detail
about mythjobqueue and how the user had spread the job loads among the
different machines in his house. Search the archives, it may help with some
of your goals..