[mythtv-users] Odd audio problem. Can only get audio via spdif

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Tue Nov 24 00:05:37 UTC 2009

----- "Allen Edwards" <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

SIGH.

I fixed things by going to HDMI*, and selecting the ALSA:hdmi device in setup:general. I'd put off going to HDMI because I'd heard it was a mess to get going, but it worked fine after a moment tinkering with the nvidia config GUI. Now my digital and analog programs both play from the TV.

But for some reason things go silent when I request 5.1 audio in the front end setup:general section.

Stefan

* Harbor Freight sells a 3' HDMI cable for something like $10! It seems to work fine. Go figure.