[mythtv-users] Backend constantly restarting

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 24 00:20:28 UTC 2009

Michael Harnden wrote:
> On Saturday 21 November 2009 11:30:42 pm Michael Harnden wrote:
>> New upgrade to 0.22 and my backend is constantly restarting every minute.
>>
> snip
>> So I guess I need to find out why the backend process is being terminated.
>>
>> Mike
>>
> Well I uninstalled monit and nagios and the restarting problem went away. I will investigate
> tomorrow to see which was the guilty party.
> Mike

I had a similar problem -- cured by uninstalling monit.

It didn't happen initially when I upgraded to 0.22 (which I did very
messily by upgrading Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.10 in one go, and it all went a
bit strange for a while).  While sorting out that mess, monit got
uninstalled, and mythtv has been fine.

I reinstalled monit this evening, and suddenly mythtv kept restarting --
I didn't notice until I found this thread that the restart was happening
  exactly every minute.  For now, I'll live without monit.

cheers

Chris
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK