[mythtv-users] jamu and dvd folders

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:13:52 UTC 2009

> Can someone throw together a brief example of their folder structure and
> how to use Jamu for mass update?  (I'm still trying to rebuild my media
> library after a move to 0.22)

It shouldn't matter where they are or how your folder structure is. If
they are in Mythvideo then jamu will update them. You can setup
mythvideo on the frontend under media settings just like you always
have. Or you can move them into video storage groups by setting that
up on the backend with mythtv-setup. However, if you have DVD iso
files then you probably just want to stick with the old way and hold
out until they get ISOs working with video storage groups. Then in
mythVideo hit 'M' to bring up the menu and choose scan for changes.
Jamu will find the videos that have been imported to mythvideo. Read
the wiki page first: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu