[mythtv-users] Multytenne Dish and MythTV 0.22

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Tue Nov 24 10:24:55 UTC 2009

Jos Hoekstra wrote:
> belcampo schreef op 23-11-2009 22:43:
>> Jos Hoekstra wrote:
>>>
>>> With a multytenne dish or something like triax?
>> a triax 2-LNB and a Visiosat G4 Quadro. Further I know of a local
>> Radio/TV-shop which has the multytenne dish, you mentioned, have seen
>> it at that shop working fine.
>
> The thing is that I only read reports of people having trouble switching
> the built-in disecq switch and thus only able to use 1 LNB.
I know that mythtv in some situations, DVB-S card-disecq combo's
had/have troubles, but that's more of a mythtv-DVB-S section problem
than something else. My mythtv version myth-trunk-15965, so very old,
with a Terratec Cinergy works fine. I already have for more than a year
a few Technotrend 3200 DVB-S2 cards for which I need a newer version of
mythtv, which DIDN'T/DOESN'T work reliable. Althought the same card
works perfect with Kaffeine. I haven't tried for the last 3-4 months to
see how the situation is at the moment.
I don't know what 'built-in disecq' means, but normally one gets 1 dish
with an holder for 2, 3 or 4 LNB's which are single, duo or quad, where
the output of those LNB's goes to a disecq switch. At least this is the
only way I have seen it. 1 disecq switch gets the cable from the LNB's
and the output goes to your stb or DVB-S card in the PC.
I had a look at
http://www.technisat.de/indexf014.html?nav=Au%C3%9Fenanlagen,de,54-30-65
and saw what 'built-in disecq' means. All is integrated in 1 housing.
But it works according to Disecq 1.0 which every stb and pc-card
honours, so I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.
> It's supposed to work with so-called linux-stb's like dreambox, but
> I'like to use it with mythbuntu.
>
> Otherwise I'll have to make a deal with the reseller or something...
Always wise to do.