[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Encoding Errors Running 0.22
gbr at majentis.com
Tue Nov 24 17:48:08 UTC 2009
> John, I'm on record of having this problem to varying degress ever
> since I got my HD-PVRs. It happens less so after updating the HD-PVR
> firmware to the latest and configuring the STB to output everything
> including SD at the same HD resolution, but it still happens
> frequently enough to be very annoying.
> I had hopes the new motherboard/CPU I installed yesterday would fix
> the problem. It did fix the 2 HD-PVRs on one EHCI controller problem,
> but it didn't fix this stop/restart problem. This now makes 3
> different systems it has occurred with.
> Here is more information for the record. I see the problem on both
> HD-PVRs which are connected to Motorola DCT-62x0s. The probelm does
> not appear to be content dependent to me -- I see it equally on
> sports, dramas, documentaries, etc. The problem does not appear to be
> resolution dependent -- I see it whether or not the STBs are set to
> 720p or 1080i. Finally, my backend is way overpowered and is usually
> 85-95% idle so I don't think the problem has anything to do with
> system load.
I've been running a single HD-PVR off a Motorola 6200 for the last few weeks, and I haven't seen this problem at all. I'm about to add another HD-PVR.
I have the 6200 outputting at 480p for SD and 720p for HD. My computer is a Pentium M @ 1.5 GHz. The SQL database is on the backend, but all storage is on another box, mounted via CIFs/Samba. The backend is running Mythbuntu 9.10, and I don't install the weekly fixes, though I'm considerring it.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users