[mythtv-users] Why does mythtv responds to lirc when in the background?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 24 23:11:23 UTC 2009

On 11/24/2009 01:35 PM, Johnny Walker wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> What prevents MythTV from reacting to the remote when I play something
>>> via (for example) xine from mythvideo?  Does myth intentionally stop
>>> using the lirc socket while running an external program?  The question
>>> never occurred to me until reading this thread.
>>>
>>> Just curious.
>> Myth intentionally ignores all LIRC events until the process completes.
>> This is why you must start external process appropriately (i.e. using
>> EXEC or EXECTV).
> What is EXECTV vs EXEC ?

Commands that can be used to add external apps (one that uses a TV
capture card and one that doesn't) to the MythTV menus.

At this point, I'd normally say, "Search for the EXECTV example and
comments in the themes," but I'm starting to wonder if that comment was
in a theme that's no longer distributed.

Mike