[mythtv-users] Retro-wide ready for testers

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Wed Nov 25 01:23:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Joe Wilson wrote:

> nice work... thanks for spending the time working on it.
> I did noticed alot of people over at the mythbuntu forum wanting to get the retro
> theme converted as it was though, in a non wide screen because all the
> themes appear to be wide screen anymore & their monitors are not. what
> would it take to be done in a 4:3 resolution for those that dont have wide
> screen..???

I'm not sure. What I've done is taken elements of the current default,
MythCenter wide, and Mythbuntu. If someone wanted to make a 4:3 Retro again,
they could probably use what I've done as a template, and work from the 4:3
default and Mythcenter.

I would guess I've spent 10-15 hours on this, though most of it was while
watching TV.

I should aso mention a thanks to Nicolas Riendeau for finding a spelling
mistake of Dalmatians in my screenshots. :-)

Now, does anyone have an idea where that background mask is comming from ?