[mythtv-users] Retro-wide ready for testers

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 01:58:35 UTC 2009

> I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that MythUI is aspect
> ratio agnostic. If so, shouldn't it work just fine on a 4:3?

There is a difference between "working" and being designed properly. I
use the Mythbuntu theme, which is designed to be a wide screen theme,
on a SD 4:3 set. It works, but it would be nicer if it were designed
for a 4:3 SD set. Then the text wouldn't be cut off in some of the
dialog boxes and the fanart wouldn't be squished, etc.