[mythtv-users] New HDPVR Firmware Released

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 25 02:42:37 UTC 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 7:28 PM, David Herman wrote:

> http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hdpvr.html
>
> This is a Windows driver only. For the HD PVR application, Arcsoft Total Media Extreme, you need your original CD. Updates to the TME application are available through Arcsoft Connect.
>
> This driver fixes A/V sync issues with some Dish Network and FIOS set top boxes. This release also fixes IR receive issues with third party applications.

Interesting... I wonder if the IR fixes are in the driver, or at the firmware level. And if its at the firmware level, perhaps this is a key fix to smooth out the lirc_zilog issues people have reported... Any brave souls wanna upgrade their firmware, load up lirc_zilog and see if the lockups still happen? :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com