[mythtv-users] mythtv-status stopped showing up in motd

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 03:57:38 UTC 2009

> Oops, I should've read it properly. Have you tried removing the
> redirects to /dev/null so cron sends you the output?

Thanks for the tip. The output seems normal. When I run sudo
/etc/init.d/mythtv-status reload, then /etc/motd is updated properly.
But when I log in the motd day is reset and it doesn't show up. I even
tried doing the reload and then logging in with a second ssh window.
The act of logging in seems to reset the motd somehow. I don't know
enough about the login process to know where to look to find out how
this could be happening.