[mythtv-users] 1920x1080 playing a 720p video?

Ken Johnson kennethjohnson6 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 04:00:18 UTC 2009

I am using an ASUS P5N7A-VM mobo nvidia 9300 integrated graphics  intel
Q8300 proc. I currently have my playback video settings set at VDPAU
Normal on a 1920 by 1080 monitor. Your solution did show much better
performance especially when the OSD appears and disappears but when I
watch a movie in 720p now there isn't as much tearing as before after I
did what you said I added this line

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

now my xorg.conf looks like this

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        DefaultDepth    24
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Default Device"
        Driver  "nvidia"
        Option  "UseEvents"     "1"
        Option  "DPI"   "100x100"
        Option  "NoLogo"        "1"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

Is there anything else that I should be doing? and sorry if I didn't post the message properly i'm new to this.