[mythtv-users] no recordings are going to the new recording group

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 04:24:18 UTC 2009

I feel like I am missing something pretty obvious so I am asking here.

I created a shared folder on my windows box and successfully mounted
that on my mythbox.  I can create a test text file as user mythtv so I
know the permissions are fine (and here they are: drwxrwxrwx   1 root
root       0 2009-11-24 20:14 video2).

I then created a storage group that points to this mounted directory
and myth can see it as evidenced by the backend status on the myth
webpage:
# MythTV Drive #2:

    * Directory: localhost:/video2
    * Total Space: 953,766 MB
    * Space Used: 162,286 MB
    * Space Free: 791,480 MB

However, since creating this recording group, nothing has recorded to
it and I have ~ 5 gigs on the other drive that myth uses.  I would
think I would get recordings on the new drive given that it so much
larger, but nothing yet.  I am not sure how to check to see if things
have been expired/deleted so I don't know how critical the situation
is.  Am I forgetting to do something obvious?