[mythtv-users] what is a : WriteAudio: buffer underrun?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Nov 25 14:51:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 5:15 AM, Paul <mylists at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
> I'm getting alot of these during playback along with some pauses , can
> someone explain to me what the cause of these are?
> is it a Audio problem or Video problem?
>
> 2009-11-25 20:47:48.049 WriteAudio: buffer underrun

It's usually a resource problem.  If there's some bottle neck that's
preventing the video from being decoded in real time, the sound card
can run out of data to play and you'll get one of these messages.  It
could be that you don't have enough CPU to decode the video you're
trying to play, along with whatever else your system is trying to do
at the same time.

Eric