[mythtv-users] Putting A Recording Rule To Sleep

William william_munson at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 21:58:35 UTC 2009

Johnny Walker wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Brett <muttnik.sputnik at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I recently thought of a feature similar to this option that would allow an
>> input source to be temporarily disabled without completely removing its
>> definition.
>>
>> For example, I have two DCT6200 cable boxes connected to Myth through two
>> PVR-150s.  There are times that I use one of the 6200s for On-Demand
>> viewing.  It would be nice to be able to quickly disable one of the boxes
>> from within MythFrontend so that it would not attempt to record anything
>> when On-Demand is being viewed.
>>

> Yes it would be nice if we could figure out a way to make use of On
> Demand from within mythtv.

I do it simply with a manual record rule. I purchase the event, schedule
a manual event to start a few minutes early (on a different channel) and
then manually change the channel after myth changes to the channel it
knows. Its a bit clunky but with cutpoint editing available I can cut
the junk from the front of the recording before exporting it.