[mythtv-users] Volume display will not go away - 0.22 Karmic

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Thu Nov 26 09:24:04 UTC 2009

On 26/11/09 7:34 PM, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 11/26/2009 02:43 AM, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>> Really weird problem has suddenly reared itıs ugly head. I am running
>> 0.22 on Ubuntu Karmic, P4 3.0Ghz, 1Gb ram, GT220 DDR3 1GB. When
>> viewing all recordings, the volume display suddenly pops up and will
>> not go away. It stops FF & RW, stop etc etc from working. The only way
>> to get out of a recording is to kill Myth.
>>
>> Anyone seen this before? Any ideas of what to do next? WAF dropping
>> like a rock.....
>
> I'd guess it's not a MythTV volume display (XFCE or GNOME or whatever
> display) and it's appearing because you're using Pulse and it's not
> disappearing because it's overwriting the color key.
>
> Mike
Hi Mike

Yup, it is the Myth volume overlay, that's what is weird. I can, for
example, press Info and it displays but Back doesn't do anything, I have to
wait for the Info screen to timeout. I'll play around with the settings and
see what I can up with. Barring that I will reinstall MythFrontend and try
again.

Cheers
Bruce