[mythtv-users] Mythbackend stop responding

Thomas Mørch tmorch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 16:00:18 UTC 2009

I have seen a couple of times, that my myth backend process stop responding.
Not the entire system, only the mythtv-backend process.

If I then try to restart the mythtv-backend process, my frontends, and
mythweb reports that the backend is down (before I restart the process, they
just wait for an infinite time).

The only way I can get it up and running again, is by rebooting the entire
server! Which isn't one of my favorite things to do.

I experienced it a couple of times in 0.21, but now also in 0.22. So I can't
pinpoint what exactly causes this problem.

Anyone that has experienced the same?

/ Thomas