[mythtv-users] Failed recording since 0.22 upgrade

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Nov 26 23:57:29 UTC 2009

jrauti at iki.fi wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I've been using MythTv for something like 18 months. In that time
>> I've had just two failed recordings, which is pretty impressive.
>> The slightly worrying thing is that the 2nd of these was
>> yesterday, just a few days after upgrading to 0.22. The
>> recording started at 9:58. I first noticed a problem when trying
>> to watch it when part way through, getting the message "This
>> recording is not yet available". I waited until the recording
>> had completed, tried playing it again, and got back the message
>> "The file for this recording cannot be found". Anybody else
>> had failed recordings since upgrading. I'm hoping this is
>> just a coincidence.
>
> I've got same problems. Nothing in logs but I've missed couple of
> recordings so far. My backend hangs so that frontend and mythweb can't
> reach (they hang waiting for backend).

Sorry, my report was misleading. What I'd not taken into account
was that on the morning of the missed recording, I'd rescanned
for channels. Something must have gone wrong with that. After
the missed recording, it was a while before I thought to try
watching the relevant channel live. When I did try, I got
nothing. I've rescanned now, and everything looks fine again.

Also my backend didn't hang.

Cheers,
	Paul.