[mythtv-users] help picking FE/BE components

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Nov 28 13:38:02 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 10:18:05 pm David L wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:58 PM, David L wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Joe Wilson wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Video Card:   advance (2x) deinterlacing will work with the following..
> >> -----------------
> >> EVGA GT220 1GB PCI-Express Video Card   $.79.99
> >> http://www.frys.com/product/6054898?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
> >
> > OK, I built this system and I'm getting stuck during boot.
> > I'm trying to use a Fedora 12 live USB to start with.
> > The messages I see before the video goes into
> > the weeds are:
> >
> > pci 0000:00:00.0: BAR 3: address space collision on of device
> > [0xe0000000-0xffffffff]
> > [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: Pointer to BIT loadval table invalid
> > [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: 0xD6B5: Init table command not found:
0x8C
> > [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: 0xDEA4: Init table command not found:
0x00

> Well, I got mythbuntu 9.10 live USB booting and it seems to work!
> So I guess the fedora live problem is just a fedora problem.  I was
> leaning toward mythbuntu anyway, so that clinches it.
>
> So far, the only problem I've seen under mythbuntu live
> is that /proc/cpuinfo reports 800MHz CPU speed for my
> 3400MHz processor and meminfo reports 2837016 kB
> for my 4G of ram.  Not sure if I have something
> misconfigured in the BIOS or what.

/proc/cpuinfo will tell you the current speed of the CPU, which is likely to
have been throttled down. You'll need to load the CPU to get it throttled up
or else adjust your CPU speed control.

Some motherboards have problems with more than 2GB of RAM, but none
will allow all of 4GB. You might look at your settings for the memory hole,
MMU etc.