[mythtv-users] help picking FE/BE components

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Nov 28 13:50:56 UTC 2009

On Saturday 28 November 2009 06:38:02 am Brian Wood wrote:

> /proc/cpuinfo will tell you the current speed of the CPU, which is likely
>  to have been throttled down. You'll need to load the CPU to get it
>  throttled up or else adjust your CPU speed control.

Sorry, I meant that you would have to load the CPU or adjust the speed
stepping *if* you want /proc/cpuinfo to show the max speed of your CPU.
There's no real reason to do that, unless you want to check that the CPU
actually clocks up to its rated speed and is stable there, or measure power
draw at that speed.