[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Encoding Errors Running 0.22

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Nov 28 16:38:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 06:11:10PM -0500, Derek & Cindi Cass wrote:
> This leads me to a question: do you leave your HD-PVR on 24/7, or do you
> power it on when needed?  I find that I have to power cycle the HD-PVR when
> these errors polling errors crop up en masse.  I was thinking of using an IR
> blaster to power on and off the HD-PVR when necessary with MythTv (assuming
> that I can set up Myth to power on the HD-PVR when a show is to be
> recorded).

I leave mine on 24/7.  My polling errors are almost always single
events that happen seemingly randomly about 1-2 times per hour.  I
have had a couple of instances where the polling errors occured
constantly for a 5 minutes or so, but those have by been the
exception.

I don't think you can power cycle the hdpvr via IR.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net