[mythtv-users] importing existing recorded programs

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Sat Nov 28 16:43:32 UTC 2009

I am sure this is something simple, but I can't quite find the correct
search terms to find it out.

I am running now mythbuntu 8.04/mythtv 0.21 but am upgrading to
mythbuntu 9.10/mythtv 0.22

But instead of upgrading, I am doing a clean install (always cleaner
that way).  I keep two separate partitions that I can use for / so I can
install 9.10 onto one and still dual boot into 8.04 if I need to.

I also put /home on a separate partition and also all the recordings
(/var/lib/mythtv) on yet another partition (separate disk actually).

After I install 9.10, I will move any and all files from the new /home
and put them into the old /home and then mount that at its appropriate
place.

I will do the same for /var/lib/mythtv

However, all those shows that are on that /var/lib/mythtv partition: how
do I get the database to see them?  There must be a perl script
somewhere in the installation that does that.

Any help?

Jon S.