[mythtv-users] Help, after re-installation

J jsweepstakes at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 23:31:12 UTC 2009

Hello,
  So I was trying to do some cleaning of all the old stuff from my myth
system.  Its been running for 4 years, running well.  So smart me decided
that because things were slowly starting to break that I would simply
reinstall it and then restore the database, i should have a few minimal
problems but then be set.  However I was wrong. I followed the instructions
here http://www.mythbuntu.org/Upgrading#Clean starting with Clean install
9.10 and keeping your database; and yea I got it reinstalled and I got the
database go to back in, however when it books it says that all the recorders
are busy but nothings recording.  So I would like to do one of the
following, A) start from scratch but keep the recording history and
recording rules B) I'm not really sure, I have the complete database backup
and if I can just put that back in and have the system be happy that would
be amazing... I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, so any help would be
very nice!

basically my plan is to take from the old database just the recording
history, and what was tagged to record please? I guess I can figure out how
to do the other stuff sometime later :\
-Jake