[mythtv-users] Total system upgrade: Am I screwed?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 14:50:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/29 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>:
>> Well I thought I had done the right thing but apparently not.
>>
>> I had a Fedora 10 system with Myth 0.21 and I decided to take the
>> plunge and upgrade the system to Fedora 12 and Myth to 0.22 all at
>> once.
>>
>> I backed up the database per the wiki and copied all important data on
>> my desktop so I could wipe the system for a fresh install. The F12
>> install went smoothly and I installed Myth. Per the wiki I was
>> supposed to import the mc.sql file prior to restoring the database,
>> which I did. However, when I ran the restore script it bombed out.
>>
>> Bottom line: Is there any way to save any of my database info? The
>> only things I care about are the recordings which I still have all of
>> on a separate drive and my recording schedules.
>
> What is the message or error you see?
>
> Mike

Here's the error:

ERROR: Invalid database information file, stopped at
bin/mythconverg_restore.pl line 686.

I used --partial_restore just to get the recordings and schedule info
but got the same error trying without that option as well. I'm
specifiying the full name of the backup file using tab completion so I
know I'm not mistyping it...

Thanks,
Richard