[mythtv-users] Subtitles size incorrect in 4:3 shows on 0.22 SVN 22917 (2009-11-28 22:07:27)

stalks mythtv-users at stalks.nooblet.org
Sun Nov 29 17:50:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

Upgraded from a 2 month old SVN to latest last night.

I'm playing recordings from UK DVB shows. In particular my test case is
episodes of "Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman" from channel ITV2.

Subtitles in normal shows look fine.

In older shows in 4:3 format, where the show is in the centre of the
screen with black borders on each side subtitles are twice as large as
normal, and stretched.

I have tried changing font type and text size (from 100 down to 50) and
encoding type from UTF-8 to random. None make any difference to subtitle
shape/size so I don't beleive these are the settings I am looking for.

Help appreciated as the wife wants to watch her TV and I'm being given
the cold shoulder until its fixes :(

Regards.
Steve