[mythtv-users] recent dish external channel change problems?

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 18:41:16 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> Have you had any problems changing channels with the "official" DISH
> remote?

The worst I can get with the "official" dish remote is dropped digits,
which I might tend to attribute more to fat fingering the code or
mechanical issues.  I'm not able to reproduce the repeated digits.

> Has anything in your environment changed? Perhaps a new lighting fixture?
> Have you changed from incandescent to CFL lamps? Changed the curtains or
> blinds in the room? Is there a difference between day and night
> performance?

Nope, I even tried covering the IR transceiver and dish box with a
dark towel to see if it was external interference and had similar
results.  I also noticed that I started running a new kernel earlier
in the month, linux-2.6.28-15-generic vs -16-generic (ubuntu 9.04),
but reverting doesn't change anything.  I've also tried changing my
receiver to a different code set, dish1 vs dish2, but it didn't help
(I guess that's really just a prefix to the code).  Thanks for the
suggestions.

Alex