[mythtv-users] Remove 'Delete' from Videos 'I' menu

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 03:41:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Joe Wilson <wilson.joe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 09:49, Christopher X. Candreva <chris at westnet.com>wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to remove the Delete option from the I menu of Videos ?
>>
>> It is WAY to easy to hit extra keys and delete something you didn't want
>> to.
>>
>> As in, I just did.
>>

> Don't feel too bad.. I did the same thing.. I was thinking it might be
> removing the video from
> MythVideo, and low and behold I removed it completely from my hard drive..

My problem was that I couldn't tell which of the buttons on the confirmation
dialog was selected: two buttons, one with brown text, one with white. I got
the 50/50 call on which one was selected wrong :-(

Seems like
> something that should require a pin# to be entered for security reasons...
> keep remote out
> of the hands of children.. or back up regularly..

Can't you just set the files to read-only in the filesystem? That way you
can control which videos are deletable and  which aren't. I'll probably
never delete videos from MythTV, but if I did I'd find having to enter a pin
for each one very annoying, and inconsistent since the it's not required for
TV shows.

Cheers,
Steve