[mythtv-users] Keeping frontend running?

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:16:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I meant irexec - not lircd - sorry - I need more coffee this morning.
>
> This is what I do and it works great if you can keep irexec running.
> On my last 2 or 3 systems irexec seems to die more often than not.

I seem to recall that issue - actually if you see the page here
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_Loading_Script - you can actually
use the 1st script to keep irexec running - just replace mythfrontend
with irexec.

Kinda sloppy though - I'd want to figure out why the frontend is crashing.

Mine crashed this morning - I don't recall Myth being this much work !!