[mythtv-users] Keeping frontend running?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 17:52:54 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/12/1 Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com>:
> I've noticed as I've been tinkering with my new frontend on an Acer
> Revo using Mythbuntu 9.10, that it has crashed out back to the desktop
> on a few occasions, mainly
> as I have been playing with the mythvideo settings.
> How are others dealing with this?
> Is it safe script which you are using to call the mythfrontend process?
>
> When this happens I have to get up, and start it with the mouse
> manually, not ideal for 'the other arf' :)

I made a script that is called when a X session start (instead of
calling mythfrontend)
The script then does:
#! /bin/bash

xset s noblank
xset s off
xset -dpms

while true; do
  /usr/bin/xwit -root -warp 1920 1080
  /usr/bin/mythfrontend --service > /dev/null
done

If mythfrontend crashes; it is restarted automatically ; forever