[mythtv-users] hulu (flash) on ION

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:45:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM, j2u4 j2u4 <j2u44u at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've heard that FEs like the Zotac ION are probably underpowered for running
> flash content, especially content from the likes of Hulu at anything but the
> lowest resolutions.
> But I came across this
> today: http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=new-adobe-flash-player-101-beta.html&Itemid=100013&lang=en
> Can anyone with an ION-based nettop confirm the flash 10.1 beta makes HD
> Hulu watchable on their system? Has anyone tried 10.1 on Linux.
> Hope this isn't off-topic. The n330 is so attractive to me right now as a
> myth frontend, but I need it to be able to do hulu too.
> Thanks,
> J2

I put together an N330-based machine recently, running Ubuntu 9.10
with Flash 10.0 (not the new 10.1 beta).  I can confirm that the Hulu
desktop does not work well at all.  However, if I run Hulu via Boxee,
it runs very well, even for HD content, though I think it is
downsampled.  I haven't been able to get the new Flash working yet,
because I'm running 64-bit Linux and the new Flash beta is 32-bit
only.  I'll let you know if I manage to get the new beta running.  If
you have instructions for getting the new Flash beta working on a
64-bit system, I'll be willing to try it out.

Akshat