[mythtv-users] hulu (flash) on ION

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 30 18:54:23 UTC 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 11:33:50 am j2u4 j2u4 wrote:
> I've heard that FEs like the Zotac ION are probably underpowered for
>  running flash content, especially content from the likes of Hulu at
>  anything but the lowest resolutions.
>
> But I came across this today:
> http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=new-adobe-
flash-playe
> r-101-beta.html&Itemid=100013&lang=en
>
> Can anyone with an ION-based nettop confirm the flash 10.1 beta makes
HD
> Hulu watchable on their system? Has anyone tried 10.1 on Linux.
>
> Hope this isn't off-topic. The n330 is so attractive to me right now as a
> myth frontend, but I need it to be able to do hulu too.

I'd like to see UPnP renderer/control point functionality in the frontend,
since I use PlayON to transcode Hulu (and many other sources) on the fly to
MPEG2.

Probably not the best solution, since PlayON requires running a beefy
Windows machine, but then again so do the accelerated Flash solutions, at
least so far.