[mythtv-users] Keeping frontend running?

JEDIDIAH jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Nov 30 19:36:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:49:12PM -0500, Johnny wrote:
> > ...a bug perhaps. My older mythbuntu packages included setting gdm to auto
> > login and a suitable xsession.
>
> It does autologin at boot. They are talking about if you exit out of
> myth or if myth crashes. The stuff you showed is what allows for
> autologin and for mythtv to autostart at login, but it won't do
> anything when myth crashes. It is easy enough to restart gdm though if
> you want to add that to your script somehow.

...like I said. If program on the last line in the X session file dies,
then the whole X session should die with it and you should be left at
the GDM prompt. This is how the various "kill swtich" scripts work.

   If you still see a desktop after mythfrontend terminates then the ordering
of the session file is probably wrong.