[mythtv-users] Recording Schedules using EIT data

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:44:49 UTC 2009

2009/11/30 Glenn Sommer <glemsom at gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to get Recording Schedules working with my EPG (Fetched over EIT).
> I suspect the problem to be that mythtv cannot correctly identify
> series or episodes.. But I'm not quite sure about this.
>
> An example from my database:
>
> |   1210 | 2009-12-01 20:00:00 | 2009-12-01 21:00:00 | NCIS (1) |
>    | Amerikansk krimiserie N.C.I.S.
>
> When I try to setup a recording, I click on the show "NCIS (1)" - and
> select always record on any channel... But mythtv ONLY finds programs
> named exactly "NCIS (1)" - which is not what I want.

This is how normal recording schedules work - based on the title
provided in the listings data. You could use a title search instead to
broaden the search to include all titles that include "NCIS".

> I would prefer to use EPG over EIT - as the programdata seems to be
> more uptodate.... Is there a way around this?

Where are you getting your listings from now?

If you are already using EIT, the programme data that MythTV gets will
be the same that a commercial PVR would be using. Perhaps the EIT data
needs some fixups applied within MythTV if this is a consistent
problem across many programme titles?

Cheers,
Nick

--