[mythtv-users] Remove channel information from Mythtv database?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:00:49 UTC 2009

2009/11/30 Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com>:
> I've some weird problem with 0.22 where despite me deleting all my
> channels and transports, when I do a new full scan it tells me it
> has found 150+ conflicting channels. This makes me think that perhaps
> if I am able to clear out this information from the database first,
> re-run
> the scan, things might be working better.
>
> So, is there a relatively simple way to clear this data from a sql table(s)?

To remove all of the video source information in mythtv-setup, choose
"Delete All Video Sources" from the Video Sources page.

To remove the channel scanner history in MySQL:

TRUNCATE TABLE channelscan;
TRUNCATE TABLE channelscan_channel;
TRUNCATE TABLE channelscan_dtv_multiplex;

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott