[mythtv-users] deleting auto-expired recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 30 20:10:16 UTC 2009

On 11/30/2009 02:56 PM, Stuart Larson wrote:
>> I might be missing something, but I can't figure out how to delete my
>> auto-expired recordings.
>> I want to make room for some new videos in mythvideo. But the disk is
>> full. Partly with auto-expired movies.
>> But they keep occupying diskspace (240 GB at the moment) untill mythtv
>> thinks it is prudent to delete them.
>>
>> Is there a way to force this?
>>
> What are your auto-expire settings? (Settings > TV Settings > General, I
> believe)
>
> Do you have "Auto-Expire instead of Delete" checked?

If so, go to Watch Recordings, then MENU|Change Group Filter and enable
the Deleted recording group.  Then, select the Deleted recording group
in the left column, then MENU|Add this group to the playlist, then
MENU|Playlist Options|Delete.

Or use flush_deleted_recgroup.pl (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/maintenance/flush_deleted_recgroup.pl?format=txt
).