No subject

Tue Nov 17 13:52:17 UTC 2009

stechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/12/fcc-admits-cablecard-a-failure-vows-=
to-try-something-else.ars</a>):<br>

&quot;The Genachowski-led Federal Communications Commission (FCC) seems to<=
br>
delight in dropping bombshells on a weekly basis, but we didn&#39;t see<br>
this one coming: the FCC admits that its CableCARD mandate has been an<br>
abysmal failure. That doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s giving up the fight to<br>
encourage set-box box innovation; instead, the FCC wants ideas for a<br>
new set of rules that will bust open access to video streams from<br>
cable and IPTV operators.&quot;<br>