No subject

Tue Nov 17 13:52:17 UTC 2009

experience with the 230 I would suspect that is true.  I am actually
looking to buy a large/slow and hopefully silent fan to put into my
box now.  The case I have is from Mini-Box and has hundreds of small
holes all over for ventilation.  But even with it sitting on the floor
in the middle of my room it overheats just booting, so I don't think
'fanless' is all it is cracked up to be.

Note that I also have no hard drive in there (SSD or otherwise) so the
heat is as minimal as I can make it.

> Fanless Media Players
>
> SOLID STATE NVIDIA ION SYSTEM
> The SolidLogic ION GS-L05 system is a completely fanless multimedia
> solution designed around the NVIDIA ION platform. Featuring the Atom 230 or
> 330 processor paired with the GeForce 9400M graphics engine, this system
> can easily handle high-end image processing applications while discreetly
> and silently operating in the durable GS-L05 enclosure. And, just opt for
> an SSD for a totally solid state system! The ION-GS-L05 features HDMI, DVI,
> VGA, digital audio, 8 USB 2.0 ports, eSATA, and Gb LAN. Select the ZOTAC
> IONITX-A-U, which has onboard power and comes standard with a wireless
> card, and get an all-in-one multimedia solution perfect for a wide range of
> applications.
> See the ION-GS-L05: http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ion_gs_l05

Also of interest is that they are just selling a Zotac board with
memory and a case.  If you remove the hard drive, it is still almost
$400!  You can build your own for much less!

- Robert