[mythtv-users] State of Lossless h.264 Cutting

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri Oct 2 16:30:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 07:26 -0700, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Christopher Meredith
> <chmeredith at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Several months ago there were conversations on the list about
> > solutions for lossless commercial cutting of HD-PVR recordings. The
> > last I recall hearing, work was underway on including this ability in
> > Myth as it exists for other A/V formats. Can anyone speak to the
> > current status of this work?
>
> Nobody has started any work on making Myth lossless cut anything
> besides MPEG-2, this is still on the list of things to get to
> eventually.

Hmmm... is any kind of built-in ability to cut/export HD-PVR recordings
planned for 0.22?  Whether lossless or not, mythtranscode and nuvexport
both still bomb on HD-PVR recordings... I don't recall seeing a ticket
(and I'm not going to create one, as it might get closed the sound of
FRWAP![1])

	-I

[1] - FRWAP = Feature Request Without A Patch.  I kind of like that
acronym!  Has a nice slapping sound to it! ;)