[mythtv-users] Myth not scanning KTVU and KPIX anymore in San Jose CA

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 17:40:43 UTC 2009

> Don't forget to bottom-post, or people make get grumpy around here. ;-)
>
> Those callsigns are what it picked up during the scan.  In the past I
> have gone into the database and edited them to match the Schedules
> Direct naming.  It doesn't take long to touch-up.
>
> This may not be entirely useful, but it is the update/rescan I did
> using the scte56scan.
> http://pastebin.com/f11133fc9
> If nothing else, it will hopefully get you pointed in the right direction.

I love scte65scan and without it I'd be dead in the water, as the
built-in scan in mythtv-setup (.22) via my HD-5500 on my Comcast
digital cable came up with nearly nothing.  Run the scan, verify the
VCT_ID information, and load the info via sql as per the wiki
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan

Then run mythfilldatabase and all should be well